In his capacity as a parliamentarian and journalist, Vijay Darda attended following summits, conferences and seminars and contributed greatly to the deliberations :
CONFERENCES AND SEMINARS ATTENDED WITH HON'BLE PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA
Security Council Meeting in 1992 : UNO Headquarters, New York, (USA)
World Economic Forum in 1992 : DAVOS, Switzerland
Non-aligned Movement Summit in 1992 : Jakarta, Indonesia
Visit to China & Korea
Visit to Zimbabwe (Harare) in 1996 (G-15 Summit)
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS ATTENDED ON INVITATION
- IPEX-80 International Printing Exhibition.
- IPEX-84 International Printing Exhibition at Birmingham, England.
- Attended the 14th, 17th & 23rd Asian Advertising Congress at Seoul, Korea (1984), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (1990), Jaipur, India (2003).
- Attended World's largest fair for Printing Machineries and Paper - Drupa (1986, 1990, 1994) at Dusseldorf (West Germany).
- IFRA Conferences at Singapore (1989), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (1998); Bangalore (2003).
- Member of Judging Committee of 22nd National Awards for Excellence in Printing & Designing of Books & Other publications – Appointed by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India - 1980.
- World Association of Press Council's Conference on Press Media Councils and similar bodies in Cairo (Egypt) in April, 2000.
- Conference of South Asian Editors Forum in Nepal, Colombo & Maldives : 2000-2001
- India-Yale Parliamentary Leadership Programme - from 8th June to 14th June, 2008 at USA: This comprised four-day session with the Yale faculty and further complemented by two days of interactions of Indian Parliamentarians with US politicians, policy analysts and senior government officials in Washington on India-US bilateral issues. The primary focus was exposure to new fields and ideas which offer insights, perspectives, new ways of thinking and planning on issues ranging from climate change, poverty, economic development, styles of the US Presidential elections, higher education in India, leadership challenges, etc. emerging in two largest democracies of the world.
- Workshop on Benefits of Cooperation in the Himalayan River Basin Countries on 2nd and 3rd December, 2010 at Singapore. Experts in diversified fields from the neighbouring countries China, Bangladesh and Nepal attended. The deliberations were under the aegis of Strategic Foresight Group and in this "Workshop on Benefits of Cooperation in the Himalayan River Basin” the primary focus was how to face the challenges ahead coming from disastrous effects of dwindling resources of water and their wide-spread ramifications due to global warming, relentless deforestation and consequent ecological imbalances.
- Pakistan-India Parliamentarians’ Dialogue, January 06-07, 2011 at Islamabad, Pakistan. Nearly one hundred Parliamentarians from India and Pakistan participated. This was organized by PILDAT (Pakistan Institute of Legislative Development & Transparency).